Asylum Seekers Postgraduate Scholarship
The University of East London (UEL) recognises that people seeking asylum in the UK are likely to be some of the most vulnerable in our society. The University is working with the Helena Kennedy Foundation to support such people accessing higher education. Successful applicants will be awarded 100% tuition fee support until they are awarded such immigration status that enables them to access support from Student Finance.
Please ensure that you meet all of the following eligibility criteria prior to making an application:
• An asylum seeker or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker; OR
• An asylum seeker/partner/dependant who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status as a result of an asylum claim
• Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a taught postgraduate course at UEL for 2021/22 entry
• Unable to access mainstream student funding
• Not require additional support for living costs
• Provide documentation from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to confirm your immigration status and give UEL consent to check this with our Premium Account Manager at UKVI
For more details see our full terms and conditions
*See our fees assessment
How to apply?
Scholarship applications are now open. The deadline to apply is 8 August 2021 at 11:55pm.
You should receive a response to your email within 3 weeks after the closing date.
Please note that we are unable to provide individual feedback if your application is unsuccessful.
For further information and advice on this award please contact our SMART team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)20 8223 4444 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).