Asylum Seekers Postgraduate Scholarship
The University of East London (UEL) recognises that people seeking asylum in the UK are likely to be some of the most vulnerable in our society. The University is working with the Helena Kennedy Foundation to support such people accessing higher education. Successful applicants will be awarded 100% tuition fee support until they are awarded such immigration status that enables them to access support from Student Finance.
Please ensure that you meet all of the following eligibility criteria prior to making an application:
• An asylum seeker or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker; OR
• An asylum seeker/partner/dependant who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status as a result of an asylum claim
• Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a taught postgraduate course at UEL for 2020/21 entry
• Unable to access mainstream student funding
• Not require additional support for living costs
• Provide documentation from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to confirm your immigration status and give UEL consent to check this with our Premium Account Manager at UKVI
For more details see our full terms and conditions
*See our fees assessment
How to apply?
Applications are now open for all applicants wanting to begin their course in January 2021. The deadline for applications is Sunday 13th December 11:55pm.
All applicants will receive an email outcome by the 15th January 2021. Please note that we are unable to provide individual feedback if your application is unsuccessful.
If you are looking to start a course in September 2021, scholarship applications will be available from March 2021.
For further information and advice on this award please contact our SMART team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)20 8223 4444 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).