Search for courses or information

Social Work Bursaries

Social Work Bursaries

Award Summary
If you have been accepted for one of our postgraduate social work courses, you can apply for a bursary from the NHS.
Succesful applicants will get help with tuition and living costs. You may be able to receive other allowances if, say, you care for a dependent adult, you are a parent, or if you have a disability.

Eligibility Summary
You must be studying a college-based social work course on the NHS-approved list. You must not already hold a higher education social work qualification, including the Diploma in Social Work (DipSW).
You must have been resident in the UK for the previous three years and to have settled status in the UK.
You cannot apply for a social work bursary if you are receiving support from a social care employer, such as paid time off to allow you to attend your studies, or payment of all or part of your tuition fees.

How do I apply?
You can apply for the bursary here

Further Information
For further information and advice on this award please contact our Applicant Enquiries at or call +44 (0)20 8223 3333 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).