Postgraduate loans 2018
£10,609 to fund your Masters Programme under the Postgraduate Loans (PGL) scheme
Student Finance England provides a loan for postgraduate Masters study. The Postgraduate Loan (PGL) will provide non means-tested loans of up to £10,609 to taught and research masters students. It will be paid to students as a contribution towards tuition fees, living costs and other course costs.
Applications will open June 2018 and are made directly through Student Finance England.
Loans will be available to UK Nationals (and individuals with settled status in the UK) who:
- have been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands for three years on the first day of the first academic year of their course
- are most recently resident in England
- have not moved to England from elsewhere in the UK and Islands solely for the purpose of attending the course
- EEA or Swiss migrant worker
- as a family member of any of the above or
- the child of a Swiss national
- the child of a Turkish worker
For further details please visit Student Finance England
Postgraduate loan for 2-year Masters courses
If you’re studying for two years, your loan will be divided equally across the two-year duration of your programme.
Please note that tuition fees need to be paid in accordance with UEL's Fees Policy.
For more information, or for advice and guidance, contact our Student Money and Advice Team (SMART), who will be happy to help.
Phone: 020 8223 4444