- Gareth Evans - dissertation title: The Idea of Armenia
Areas: the national, film and creative writing.
Supervisors: Valentina Vitali, Kate Hodgkin, Tessa McWatt.
- Orson Nava - dissertation title: Eastern Promise? Race, Innovation and Opportunity in the Creative Industries’ Regeneration of East London.
Supervisors: David Chapman, Ash Sharma, Dominic Hingorani.
- Najat Alsheridah - dissertation title: Women and Dance in Kuwaiti Cinema
Areas: feminist film studies, film and performance, film historiography. Supervisors: Valentina Vitali, David Chapman, Sarahleigh Castelyn.
- Dhruv Rupapara - dissertation title: Kathak and Cinema in India
Areas: South Asian cinemas, film and performance. Supervisors: Valentina Vitali, Ash Sharma.
- Rishabh Shrivastav - dissertation title: Atheism and Cinema in India
Areas: cinema, South Asia, atheism, politics. Supervisors: David Chapman, Valentina Vitali.
- Naida Redgrave - dissertation title: Muslimah, a research-led practice exploration of the representation of black Muslim women in British cinema, 1997-2017.
Areas: British cinema, black and Muslim identity. Supervisors: Tessa McWatt, Valentina Vitali.
- Natalia Jezova - research areas: Research: cultural history, memory and autobiography, photography; moving image.
Supervisors: Antigone Memou, Jill Daniels.
- Carmen Aleman - research areas: feminism and violence, mixed media, moving image. Supervisors: Jill Daniels, Angie Voela.
- William Bishop-Stevens - research areas: absurdity, animism, animation. Supervisors: Jill Daniels.
- Ashwin Joy - research areas: Malayalam cinema, horror cinema. Supervisors: Lindsay Hallam, Valentina Vitali, Jill Daniels.