SUSTAINABLE FASHION MANAGEMENT BA (HONS) AND SUSTAINABLE FASHION MANAGEMENT WITH FOUNDATION YEAR PORTFOLIO REQUEST
As part of the admissions requirements you are required to upload a digital portfolio for us to assess your work.
You should aim to show knowledge of sustainable fashion design that inspires you alongside key projects you have created. Aim to make your portfolio easy for us to see your work and try and avoid repetition of lots of the same type of thing. Also less is sometimes more so don’t send us everything, just your best edited work focused on inclusion of the following:
- Sketchbooks full of ideas and visual experimentation
- Examples of fashion projects you have undertaken
- Evidence of techniques relevant to fashion design
- Evidence of visual research including museum/ gallery visits
- Evidence of relevant contemporary design articles
- Drawing skills including observational drawing, fashion illustration and technical drawing
- Knowledge of sustainable fashion designers
- Knowledge of sustainability from a global perspective
- CAD and digital skills
- Photographs of things that inspire you
- Evidence of self-initiated projects/work/blogs
- Colour, mixed media, sculptural work, photography, collage, and idea development
- Evidence of your understanding of fashion management
- Evidence of publication knowledge including relevant newspapers and high-end conceptual fashion magazines
We will notify you of the outcome through your UCAS Track or we will send you an email with our decision. If you receive a place at UEL you will be required to accept/decline your place as per UCAS deadlines/the deadline in your email.
We look forward to seeing your work.