Online Interview Information for BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing and FdSc Associate Nursing
Congratulations, you have been shortlisted for the recruitment and selection process for the BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) course.
Please read all the information below to find out more.
- Given the COVID-19 Pandemic, the interview will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
- Please download the Microsoft Teams App as Admissions will send you a link for your online interview booking. You will receive this approximately 3-4 working days before your interview date. Please ensure you accept this invitation to confirm your attendance. If you unable to attend, you can decline the invitation and re-book in the Applicant Portal. Due to high demand for this course you should try to attend the original date you booked as we cannot guarantee future dates will be available.
- The email will contain a link saying “Click here to join” which you will need to do 10 minutes before the start time of your interview.
- You will need to have a camera and microphone for the interview. If your laptop or computer does not have this, you can use your smartphone or tablet
- Please also ensure you have a valid form of photo identification, such as a passport or driving licence.
- You will also need to have completed and submitted the suitability declaration form before the interview which you will have received a separate email for.
- 10 minutes before the start of the interview please click on the link in the email invitation to join the meeting to ensure you can test the microphone and camera on your chosen device. If there are any issues you then have enough time to try a different device if needed.
- Ensure you have your photo identification on hand. You will not be able to attend the interview if you are unable to show your ID.
- You will need to follow the on-screen prompts which will take you to the waiting lobby where the interviewer will invite you into the virtual interview room. The prompts may include asking if you wish to join via Microsoft Teams or through your web browser. (You may need to try both if one does not work.)
The interview lasting approximately 20 mins, will usually be facilitated by academics from UEL, and in some cases a clinical member of staff from one of our partner NHS Trusts or service user. The interview panel will explore with you:
- Why you want to be an adult nurse
- Your understanding of the demands of the course and how this will fit in with your home/family commitments
- Your communication skills and ability to learn from previous experiences i.e. work/voluntary experience
- Your beliefs and values
Good preparation will be key to a successful interview. Helpful resources can be found here:
https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/documents/Careers in nursing.pdf
https://hee.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/documents/HEE strategic framework 2017_1.pdf
GCSE English and Mathematics Grade 4 / C or a recognised Level 2 equivalent is mandatory for entry onto the course.
If you are offered a place you will need to provide evidence of having these qualifications prior to enrolling on the course.
You should therefore be prepared to undertake additional study online or at a local college or Further Education institution if you do not hold these qualifications.
Please ensure that you have researched how to take these qualifications and that you can receive the official results in good time to start the course.
Commonly accepted qualifications are:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Level 2 Adult Literacy and Numeracy
- Level 2 Key Skills in Communication and Application of Number
- WAEC in English and Mathematics (Grade C6 or above)