MArch Architecture (ARB/RIBA Part 2) Portfolio Request
Thank you for your application to the University of East London. As part of the admissions process you are required to submit a digital portfolio of your work.
Please send a portfolio of your current academic work (and/or professional work where applicable) to support your application.
Your portfolio should be a single PDF file (no larger than 10MB in size) or a link to an online site.
Please submit your portfolio to the Postgraduate Admissions team email@example.com. The subject of your emails should state ‘Portfolio for Architecture’ and include your student reference number (e.g. UEL ref: 1444444).
Your portfolio should demonstrate the equivalent skills and abilities of an ARB/RIBA Part 1 graduate. In summary and in particular, we will look for the following in the portfolio:
• Evidence of exploratory spatial design techniques including sketching, especially model-making and perspective-based imagery
• Sound technical knowledge of building design and conventional drawing abilities (plans, sections, elevations)
• Environmental and structural design knowledge
• Awareness of architectural history and theory
• Ability to synthesise the above into architectural proposals
• Depth of work, engagement and commitment to the subject
• Presentational skills
Some useful tips to take into consideration
• Personal statements should be factual and to the point
• Year out and practical work experience is relevant and should be presented.