MArch Architecture ARB/RIBA Part 2 Interview
What to expect at your Interview
Thank you for your application to the University of East London. As part of the admissions process you are required to attend an interview and provide a portfolio of your work.
Your day will consist of the following:
- One to one portfolio interview with a member of the Architecture and Design team
- You will be offered a guided tour of all our relevant facilities
- A general introduction on the structure of our design modules and supporting studies components will be given to you by a member of the Architecture and Design team
Frequently asked questions
- A portfolio of your work (preferably in printed format)
- A valid form of I.D such as a passport or driving licence
- Evidence of exploratory spatial design techniques including sketching, especially model-making and perspective-based imagery
- Sound technical knowledge of building design and conventional drawing abilities (plans, sections, elevations)
- Environmental and structural design knowledge
- Awareness of architectural history and theory
- Ability to synthesise the above into architectural proposals
- Depth of work, engagement and commitment to the subject
- Presentational skills
Some useful tips to take into consideration:
- Personal statements should be factual and to the point
- Portfolios presented in person should be printed at A3 or larger and not in plastic sheaths
- Year out and practical work experience is relevant and should be presented, but only after the degree portfolio.
See travel information here
Please note that parking is restricted to permit holders only.
If you have accepted our invitation already but you can no longer attend, just give us a call on 0208 223 3333 and quote your UEL reference number or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
We would highly recommended you to attend an interview and come and see the facilities we have to offer. However we will also accept an electronic portfolio in case you would not be able to attend the interview. This as a single PDF file (no larger than 10MB in size) or a link to an online site or sharing platform.
Please ensure that there are no access restrictions nor expiration dates to your documents.
Please email your portfolio to the Postgraduate Admissions team. The subject of your emails should state ‘Portfolio for Architecture’ and include your student reference number (e.g. UEL ref: 1444444).