MA Interior Design Skype Interview and Portfolio Request
Thank you for your application to the University of East London. As part of the admissions process you are required to email Claudia Palma and send her:
- your design portfolio in PDF no bigger than 10MB, or as an online link, and
- your Skype details, so that a brief informal interview-conversation is arranged for you.
- Please state your application number in the title of your email. Please send us the above within two weeks from receiving this notification.
Your portfolio should demonstrate the equivalent skills and abilities of an Interior Design graduate. In summary and in particular, we will look for the following in the portfolio:
• Evidence of exploratory spatial design techniques including sketching, and perspective based imagery
• Evidence of physical model-making abilities
• Sound conventional drawing abilities (plans, sections, elevations
• Ability to draw/sketch in hand
• Ability to draw using computer software
• Ability to produce photos of professional standards of models
• Awareness of architectural/interior design history and theory
• Ability to synthesise sophisticated and well thought-through design proposals
• Depth and overall quality of work, engagement and commitment to the subject
• Presentational skills
Some useful tips to take into consideration
• Personal statement should be factual and to the point
• Year out and practical work experience is relevant and should be presented.