BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) Selection Information
Congratulations your application has been shortlisted and you’ve been invited to attend the selection process for the BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) course, at UEL.
The selection process comprises 2 phases or stages, which are held on separate days:
• Phase 1 – Numeracy and Literacy Test
• Phase 2 - Group Activity and Individual Interview
If you are successful at Phase 1 you will be invited to attend Phase 2.
Phase 1 tests will be held at Stratford campus, directions are available here.
The selection process offers you the opportunity to find out more about the course, the advantages of studying at UEL and the employment opportunities available to you on graduation, in east London.
Read on to find out more. Good luck!
Phase 1- Numeracy and Literacy test
The date and time of your interview can be found on your Applicant Portal. Your login instructions have been sent to you separately. Before attending, please accept or decline the invitation, or request an alternative date. Please note - due to high demand, if you do not confirm your attendance by the deadline, it is likely your space will be allocated to another candidate. We will always endeavour to reschedule candidates who have accepted and have a valid reason for not being able to attend on the day.
You can request an alternative date through the Applicant Portal – Your login instructions have been sent to you separately.
We will always endeavour to reschedule candidates who have requested an alternative date, into the next available slot. If for any reason this is not possible, we will notify you.
London, E15 4LZ
Unfortunately there is no parking available on site.
On arrival, please report to the main reception.
- Arrive at reception and register for the Phase 1 selection event.
- Completion of brief administrative processes, to include presenting your photographic ID
- Greeting by the Head of Pre-registration Nursing and Course Leader
- Preparation for and completion of the numeracy and literacy tests
- The Phase 1 day will last approximately 2hrs* *subject to variance depending on the numbers of candidates attending.
- Plan your journey, use public transport and arrive 15 minutes early.
- Unfortunately, candidates arriving after the start time, will not be able to sit the tests.
- Photographic ID (passport/ photo driving licence/ national identity card). Candidates arriving without this, will not be admitted.
- Black pen
- Calculator (not one on a mobile phone)
The tests are sat under exam conditions. You can use a conventional calculator, however mobile phones are not permitted and must be switched off. It is important you read the questions carefully and allow enough time to answer all of the questions.
We know candidates perform better in these tests if they practice before hand. We strongly recommend you access the practice papers just below this tab (with answers) and links to useful sites to help you prepare, available here.
The pass marks for both the numeracy and literacy tests is 70%.
We want you to succeed, so make sure you're fully prepared for your Literacy and Numeracy tests by studying the practice papers just below.
If your application has been unsuccessful, you may be considered for an alternative course at UEL. This will be communicated to you via email.
If you have any special access or communication requirements for your visit, please let us know prior to your visit.
We also have a dedicated disability support service for disabled students and those with specific learning difficulties.
You can contact them on 020 8223 4444.
We look forward to meeting you!