Getting a place isn’t just about meeting entry requirements. We look at every aspect of your application - from your qualifications and work experience, to your personal statement, and the overall standard of your application form. Remember that some courses have specific entry requirements, listed on their pages.
Undergraduate degree courses
We normally ask for a Grade B average (or a GPA of 3.0) in your High School Diploma or GED. We also ask for ONE of the following:
SAT One with a balanced score of 1600 (old SAT) or 1070 (new SAT)
ACT with a composite score of 23
3 Advanced Placement (AP) Exams with grades of 3 or above
Please send us your SAT score reports via the College Board website here. Our Designated Institution (DI) code is 7332 - University of East London.
If sending your ACT score results, please submit your request here. Our ACT code is 5397 - University of East London.
What if I have a different qualification?
Please email UEL International at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a different qualification than those listed above.
What if I do not meet the entry requirements?
If you do not meet the academic entry requirements for an undergraduate programme, you may be able to apply for the International Foundation Programme.
If you need additional academic qualifications for a postgraduate programme, you may be able to join our Pre-Master's Course.
What if I want to transfer?
To be considered for transfer (at the School’s discretion) you should have completed 2-3 years of a Bachelors Degree in relevant subject with a GPA of 2.0 or above (out of 4.0).
English language requirements
To study at UEL you must demonstrate that your English level is high enough for university study. We accept a number of different Secure English Language Tests (SELT) for entry onto our degree courses, with IELTS being the most common. English language requirements vary slightly from subject to subject.
All students are required to meet our standard English language requirements as follows:
Undergraduate standard requirements
Postgraduate degree courses
We normally ask students to have an undergraduate (Bachelors) degree validated by a recognised accreditation board with a GPA of 2.5 or above.
What if I have a different qualification?
Please email UEL International at email@example.com if you have a different qualification than those listed above.
All applicants are asked to provide fee assessment information in order to determine whether you pay international tuition fees.
Start dates: September, January
Undergraduate courses (avg. length: 3 years) £12,100
Postgraduate courses (avg. length: 1 year) £12,840
MBA (avg. length: 1 year) £10,770
Payment plans available, for more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Civic Engagement Scholarship
Apply now for the Civic Engagement Scholarship
Civic Engagement Scholarships are undergraduate and postgraduate awards that support 50 outstanding all-round students at the University of East London.
UEL’s vision in founding the Scholarship is to develop outstanding leaders with a keen sense of public duty.
We use four key criteria in selecting scholars:
• Commitment to public service
If you’re interested in applying, please fill out the online scholarship application form.
If you are not a citizen of a European Economic Area member state, it is compulsory to apply for and obtain a Tier 4 General Student visa to come to the UK for a course of study of longer than 6 months. However, if you are citizen of the United States of America and you are coming to study a short course of less than six months it is not compulsory that you apply for a visa to enter the UK, instead you can enter the UK as a Short Term Student.
If your course at UEL lasts longer than six months, you will need to apply for and obtain aTier 4 General Student visa to enter the UK and begin your studies at UEL.
• Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS): You require a CAS from your Tier 4 sponsor (UEL) as this contains information required in the Tier 4 application. This is provided to you by UEL after you have received an unconditional offer to study
• Finances (Maintenance): You should have sufficient finances available to you to cover your outstanding tuition fees and living costs. This is known as the maintenance requirement
• Biometrics: Following online submission and fee payment of your Tier 4 visa application, you will be invited to visit a Visa Application Centre or other designated centre to provide your biometric details (10-digit finger scans and a digital photograph).
• Interview: You will also be required to attend a short interview about your study plans.
Our International Student Advice pages contain detailed information about studying in the UK as a Tier 4 General Student.
Tier 4 General Student Visa
• you are over 18 years of age
• you have been accepted onto a programme of study with UEL and have an official Student Visitor Letter issued by UEL admissions
• you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK.
• details of your accommodation in the UK
• you do not intend to stay in the UK more than six months
If you do not require a visa, you must show evidence of the above to UK Border officials on entry to the UK.
Our International Student Advice pages contain detailed information about studying in the UK as a Short Term Student.