If you are not a citizen of a European Economic Area member state, it is compulsory to apply for and obtain a visa (entry clearance) to come to the UK for a course of study. If you are a citizen of Turkey you will need to apply for and obtain a visa to come to the UK and study at UEL for courses of any length.
If your course at UEL lasts longer than six months, you will need to apply for and obtain a
Tier 4 General Student visa to enter the UK and begin your studies at UEL.
• Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS): You require a CAS from your Tier 4 sponsor (UEL) as this contains information required in the Tier 4 application. This is provided to you by UEL after you have received an unconditional offer to study
• Finances (Maintenance): You should have sufficient finances available to you to cover your outstanding tuition fees and living costs. This is known as the maintenance requirement
• Online Visa Application: complete the online Tier 4 General application and provide the requested supporting documents as specified in the Tier 4 guidance
• Biometrics: Following online submission and fee payment of your Tier 4 visa application, you will be invited to visit a Visa Application Centre or other designated centre to provide your biometric details (10-digit finger scans and a digital photograph).
• Interview: You will also be required to attend a short interview about your study plans.
Our International Student Advice pages contain detailed information about studying in the UK as a Tier 4 General Student.
Tier 4 General Student Visa
As part of your Short Term Study visa application, you will need to show UK Visas and Immigration that:
• you are over 18 years of age
• you have been accepted onto a programme of study with UEL and have an official Student Visitor Letter issued by UEL admissions
• you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK.
• details of your accommodation in the UK
• you do not intend to stay in the UK more than six months
If you do not require a visa, you must show evidence of the above to UK Border officials on entry to the UK.
Our International Student Advice pages contain detailed information about studying in the UK as a Short Term Student.