Search for courses or information

International Students Advice

Useful links

    Student Support Hubs  
    Tel: 020 8223 4444 
    For letter requests (ie: council tax exemption, bank letters, Student Status letters), ID cards, enrolment questions etc.

    UEL Health & Wellbeing
    Tel: 020 8223 4444
    Information dedicated to health matters for international students

    UEL SMART (Student Money Advice and Rights Team) 
    Tel: 020 8223 4444
    Fax: 020 8223 2819
    For advice and guidance on financial support, loans and scholarships

    UEL English Language Support
    Tel: 020 8223 2402/6253 
    Fax: 020 8223 2882
    For help and support with English language

    Careers and Student Employability
    Tel: 020 8223 4321/2424 
    For help with preparing for work - with CV workshops, careers counselling and interview practice and much more.

    UEL Students' Union
    Tel: 020 8223 7025 
    For advice, information and representation on academic issues, complaints, housing, services, clubs and societies, bars and social events and more.

    International Student Recruitment 
    Tel: 020 8223 2850
    For advice and information on admissions to courses in the UK for international students, orientation, international student events and activities.

    Applying to UEL
    Tel: 020 8223 3333
    For information on admissions to courses at UEL

    UEL sources of advice and support

    Check out a whole range of support on offer for all UEL students, from Health & Wellbeing to Employability & Enterprise and English Language support.
    • - The UK Council for International Student Affairs offers confidential advice on studying in the UK and related immigration matters. UKCISA have a student advice line 020 7107 9922, open Monday to Friday, 1pm - 4pm. They also have lots of useful information on their website.
    • - The website of the UK government - contains information on UK Visas & Immigration. Through this website you can make your online visa application, read policy guidance on visa eligibility and immigration rules.
    • - The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) is an independent public body set up under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999. The OISC is responsible for ensuring that all immigration advisers fulfil the requirements of good practice.
    • - The Immigration Law Practitioners' Association (ILPA) has a code of standards and ethics to which members have to sign up. ILPA have around a thousand members and through their website you can find a reputable immigration solicitor.
    • - Law Centres offer legal advice, casework and representation to individuals and groups. Law Centres are independent and operate on a not-for-profit basis.

    Other Sources of advice
    •  - This is an official website of the government which provides information and advice on all public services or government regulated services. You can access information and guidance on everything including buying and selling goods, consumer rights, driving in the UK and dealing with government departments.
    • - The Citizens Advice Bureau service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers
    • - The Law Centres Federation is the national body for a network of community based law centres. Law Centres provide help in solving everyday problems. They are there to provide specialist legal advice, assistance and representation
    • - The British Council's purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and to increase appreciation of the UK’s creative ideas and achievements.  Contains lots of information about studying in the UK.
    • - This website has been written for people from other countries who go to the UK to study, to work or on holiday. It is also for people anywhere in the world who want to learn British English or who want to know about British culture. It is a practical guide, containing hundreds of useful links and photos.
    • National Association of Student Employment Services (NASES) - online resources that can help you identify your skills in order to develop your CV, and explain your employment rights regarding part-time work in the UK.

    External organisations

    Immigration organisations, UK government information, British Council, Careers and much more!