Search for courses or information

Covid-19 information and updates

See more information

Entry from Canada

UK Quality Assured

We know it can be hard to find a course in a different country. That’s why we’ll help walk you through every stage of the application process - from your personal statement, to your qualifications, to any specific course requirements. Whatever your choice, we’ll help you reach your goal.

Entry requirements

Getting a place isn’t just about meeting entry requirements. We look at every aspect of your application - from your qualifications and work experience, to your personal statement, and the overall standard of your application form. Remember that some courses have specific entry requirements, listed on their pages.


If you are not a citizen of a European Economic Area member state, it is compulsory to apply for and obtain a Tier 4 General Student visa to come to the UK for a course of study of longer than 6 months.  However, if you are Canadian citizen and you are coming to study a short course of less than six months it is not compulsory that you apply for a visa to enter the UK, instead you can enter the UK as a Short Term Student.

    If your course at UEL lasts longer than six months, you will need to apply for and obtain a 

    Tier 4 General Student visa to enter the UK and begin your studies at UEL. 

    • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS): You require a CAS from your Tier 4 sponsor (UEL) as this contains information required in the Tier 4 application. This is provided to you by UEL after you have received an unconditional offer to study
    • Finances (Maintenance): You should have sufficient finances available to you to cover your outstanding tuition fees and living costs. This is known as the maintenance requirement

    • Online Visa Application: complete the online Tier 4 General application and provide the requested supporting documents as specified in the Tier 4 guidance 
    • Biometrics: Following online submission and fee payment of your Tier 4 visa application, you will be invited to visit a Visa Application Centre or other designated centre to provide your biometric details (10-digit finger scans and a digital photograph).
    • Interview: You will also be required to attend a short interview about your study plans.
    Our International Student Advice pages contain detailed information about studying in the UK as a Tier 4 General Student.

    Short Term Study Visa

    Visa-required nationals studying shorter than six months
    If you plan to study a course at UEL of less than six months and do not intend to work during your studies or extend your stay, you may be able to enter the UK as a Short Term Student by applying for and obtaining a Short Term Study visa. 
    As part of your Short Term Study visa application, you will need to show UK Visas and Immigration that:
    • you are over 18 years of age
    • you have been accepted onto a programme of study with UEL and have an official Student Visitor Letter issued by UEL admissions
    • you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK.
    • details of your accommodation in the UK
    • you do not intend to stay in the UK more than six months

    2019/20 Fees

    All applicants are asked to provide fee assessment information in order to determine whether you pay international tuition fees.

    International Foundation Programme (IFP):
    Fee: £11,500
    Start dates: September, January

    Undergraduate courses (avg. length: 3 years) £12,100
    Postgraduate courses (avg. length: 1 year) £12,840
    MBA (avg. length: 1 year) £10,770

    Payment plans available, for more information contact:

    If you require a visa, you must make an application for a Short Term Study visa online.

    If you do not require a visa, you must show evidence of the above to UK Border officials on entry to the UK.

    Our International Student Advice pages contain detailed information about studying in the UK as a Short Term Student.


    Tier 4 General Student Visa