Student tickets are complimentary and up to four guest tickets can be purchased per student. Please note that guest tickets are sold on a first come first served basis, so please purchase your tickets early to avoid disappointment.
All students are able to purchase tickets, regardless of whether they have received their results. Should you become ineligible to graduate, please get in touch with us straight away so we can reallocate the tickets.
Any unsold tickets will be put on sale at a later date. Please keep checking this web page for updates on whether extra tickets for your ceremony are available or not.
If you no longer require a guest ticket, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 28 days of your purchase. Refunds must be requested within 28 days of purchase up until one month before the ceremony. Refunds will not be issued if they are received after this period, there are no exceptions to the rule. Refunds are processed when all the ceremonies are over. Alternatively you can sell your ticket to another student.
Disability and access
If you or any of your guests have any special requirements that you feel we should be aware of please be sure to notify us when you make your booking so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
All students are sat in a flat seating arrangement, but if you have mobility problems we can make special arrangements to help, you enjoy a more comfortable ceremony.
Please email at least two weeks before the ceremony so we can make arrangements. Any requests after that time will not be fulfilled as tickets will have already been distributed.
Also, please let us know if you or any guests need BSL interpretation.
If you feel like you or any of your guests need the above arrangements, please contact us at email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
Failure to adhere to these terms and conditions may result in graduates losing their place at the ceremony.
- Each graduand has the opportunity to purchase up to four guest tickets, however four tickets are not guaranteed per graduand. Tickets are sold / allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and will be available until they have sold out.
- Late bookings/ticket applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, if there is still space for people to attend.
- The maximum amount of tickets you may purchase is four. Please note that if you decide to purchase fewer than four tickets initially and realise you need extra tickets closer to the ceremony availability is not guaranteed. The only exception to the rule regarding obtaining more than 4 tickets in the first instance is if the graduand or a guest requires a carer to assist with mobility / BSL interpretation. Such instances should be directed to the Graduation Team as soon as possible. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will endeavour to meet everybody’s request as best we can – but cannot make any guarantees. With this in mind we urge you NOT to make travel arrangements for your family members until you have paid for your tickets and received confirmation from us. We are not responsible for guests you may have with you who do not have a ticket.
- Tickets must be paid for in full in order for your booking to be valid.
- UEL reserves the right to retract guest tickets should there be any trouble with payment.
- Nobody will be admitted into the ExCel London without a ticket.
- We will not be allocating guest seats. Guest seating will be on a first-come, first-seated basis.
- We do not recommend bringing young children to your Graduation Ceremony as they are long and formal occasions. Children under 2 may sit on an adult guest's lap without a ticket, children over 2 years old that do attend must have their own seat and will have to pay the full £28 for their tickets, must be accompanied by an adult and will count towards your ticket allocation. Children and minors who attend as guests are your responsibility. If they are not accompanied by a suitable adult guest you will be asked to leave so that you can care for them. Please note that children and other guests do not sit with graduands during the ceremony. There are no concessions and everybody will need a ticket to enter the ExCel London. Conditions here reflect the venue's health and safety policy, you may be asked to leave if you do not adhere to these terms. Babies and children are not permitted to cross the stage with graduands.
- We reserve the right to ask any child or adult to leave the hall if they are making unnecessary noise which is disruptive to the proceedings or to other guests.
- If you arrive late, there is a strong possibility that you may miss your ceremony. Guests that arrive late will not be admitted. No refunds will be made as a result of late arrival.
- All graduands must agree to make us aware of any special needs that they or their guests may have as soon as possible in order for us to make the necessary seating arrangements, failure to do so before the day of the ceremony may result in the individual(s) missing the ceremony.
- It is expected that all graduands and their guests will remain in the hall for the duration of the ceremony. Any person that leaves the ceremony early without an adequate reason will be turned away from the reception.
- Important - Anybody who threatens the University or ExCel London staff with verbal or physical aggression on the day will not be admitted into the hall and may be evicted from the building.
- Refunds must be requested within 28 days of purchase up until two weeks before the ceremony. Refunds will not be issued if they are received after this period, there are no exceptions to the rule. Once tickets have been distributed no refunds can be issued. Refunds are processed when all the ceremonies are over.
- Academic dress (cap and gown) is not compulsory however, we must advise that most graduands attending do wear the formal attire and therefore you may be in the minority.
- Smart clothing is advised to be worn under academic dress.
- Graduands who attend one of our Graduation Ceremonies give their consent to the recording and transmission of their images (still and moving) and those of their guests for the University of East London publicity purposes.
- By virtue of your attendance at a UEL event, UEL retain ownership and rights of any official photography, video or otherwise for use as deemed appropriate by UEL and its partners and may be made available for general distribution.
- Data Protection Act - Please note that unless we are notified in time, the names of all graduates will appear in the printed programme for the ceremony. If you are a graduate and do not wish for your name to appear in the programme, you should email the Graduation Team.
- Force Majeure - If the Graduation Ceremonies cannot take place or are delayed due to circumstances beyond the control of the University, including (without limitation) fire; explosion; terrorist act (or threat of terrorist act); act of God; pandemic; or as a result of any industrial action or dispute involving the university, or the venue at which the ceremonies are due to be held, the University will not be liable for any losses direct or otherwise incurred by the graduands or their guests.