Addressing The Challenges of Dementia 2021
Addressing the Challenges of Dementia 2021
May 25, 26 2021
There are currently over 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK. This figure is expected to increase to 1.6 million people by 2040 and there wilk be over 127,700 people who have withdrawn from the workforce to care for someone living with dementia.
The total annual cost of labour forgone to people caring for people with dementia will be approximately £6.3 billion per year, double the current amount.
The cost of treating people with dementia in the NHS and the social care system is £23 billion per year which is more than the cost of cancer, heart disease and stroke. The Covid-19 pandemic is leading to extremely high death rates amongst people living with dementia – 25% of all Covid-19 deaths in England and Wales.
In 2015, the Government launched its Challenge on Dementia 2020 campaign which had 50 commitments to tackle the key challenges.
Agenda Content and Learning Outcomes*
- Assess the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on people with dementia: interruption to treatments and prevention of people getting a dementia diagnosis
- Hear of Government policies for delivering on the aims of the Long-Term Plan to improve both mental and physical health for patients living with dementia
- Understand means of improving post diagnostic care and support to sustain independence and improve the quality of life for dementia patients
- Explore methods of implementing the Dementia Training Standards Framework to establish the essential skills and knowledge necessary across the health and social care spectrum
- Learn of methods improving the detection of diseases that cause Dementia through early discovery
- Address concerns for the future post COVID-19 and planning ahead
- Examine approaches for providing person-centred End of Life Care for people with Dementia living in care homes
- Explore approaches for evidence-based and cost-effective Dementia care
Benefits of Attending
- Meet other like-minded professionals and develop new, beneficial connections
- Through the learning opportunities and sharing of best practice, you will be able to implement improvements in your workplace
- Impact the wider agenda and be part of future planning
- Be part of organisations that continue to evolve, improve and innovate
- Learn how to make the best use of key products and services that can help transform your organisational capabilities
This event brings together Government and the wider public sector, academia and senior leaders from across the health sector to hear the latest policy updates across the industry and address the challenges facing the sector in these unprecedented times.
For any general enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 02045309708.
If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to attend the event and are working within the private sector please get in touch to discuss your options via email@example.com.
Click here for further information on The Institute of Government & Public Policy.
Dates and Timings
This is a 2-day event. Day 1: 09:00am – 14:00pm. Day 2: 09:00am – 14:00pm.
*Agenda subject to change.