The Future of Hospitals
The Future of Hospitals
Mar 23-25, 2021
The Prime Minister has announced a funding package worth £3.7 billion to build 40 hospitals by 2030 in the biggest hospital building programme in a generation.
The Health Infrastructure Plan will also provide capital to modernise diagnostics and technology and help eradicate critical safety issues in the NHS. The scale of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has caused big shifts in the way hospitals deliver services.
The NHS has had to mobilise to respond to the acute needs of people infected with the virus whilst at the same time scaling back non-COVID-19 healthcare. Services have had to be rapidly re-designed on a large scale to release capacity for treating patients with COVID-19.
This unique event examines the current and future state of NHS hospitals and the impact of COVD-19. It takes a close look at all the vital components that make up NHS acute care including patient safety, workforce, infection control, standards, funding, estates, and emergency care.
Hear a combination of policy updates and best practice case studies from a wide variety of organisations within acute healthcare.
Agenda Content and Learning Outcomes*
- Learn how to rise to the Covid-19 challenge and maintain the UK’s position as a global leader in healthcare
- Evaluate the regulation in hospital care during COVID-19: Ensuring that services remain subject to close monitoring
- Understand approaches to working in partnership with the private sector to support patient care in the oncology department during the coronavirus pandemic
- Explore techniques of developing clinical decision-making skills in nursing through innovative approaches to learning
- Examine modes of adopting transformational change processes for clinical redesign and engagement and workforce development
- Assess the ways of keeping nurse vacancies a at a manageable level through international recruitment
- Review the means of supporting transformation across the whole NHS through the NHS People Plan
- Consider the particulars of The Health Infrastructure Plan: Delivering the biggest hospital building programme in a generation
The Future of Hospitals brings together Government, academia, experts and practitioners from NHS Trusts, Foundation Trusts, CCGs, ICSs, national bodies, and private hospitals to address the challenges facing the sector in these unprecedented times.
For any enquiries please contact 02045309708.
If you are interested in sponsoring this event please get in touch via email@example.com.
*Agenda subject to change.