Media Virality and the Lockdown Aesthetic
Academics and artists from across the world will be participating
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the fifth Affect and Social Media conference and sensorium art show has been postponed.
While we wait for Covid-19 to do its thing, and before we can meet safely at the University of East London for the fifth Affect and Social Media conference, version 4.5 will be going online.
The virtual event is organised by Dr Tony Sampson, reader in digital media cultures and communications at UEL and will take place on 16-17 July.
16th July 2020
- Introduction and keynote
- Morning Session: Performative Viral Flows – Masks and Earworms
- Afternoon Session: Lockdown Aesthetic & Quarantine Blues
- Evening Session: Diagraming the Virus
- Subsection: Viral Games
17th July 2020
- Morning Session: Viral Media 1
- Afternoon Session: Viral Media 2
- Evening Session: Viral Realities in the Pandemic
- Subsection: Emotional Contagion/Emotional Overload
A full programme of links to pre-recorded videos, short position papers, artworks, performances, presentations,and online discussion groups can be found here.
Further information about A&SM#4.5 will appear on this website.
Photo credit: Mikey Georgeson.