Redefining gender and sexual orientation
Help raise awareness around gender and sexual orientation
The University of East London's Office for Institutional Equity and Psychology Athena Swan Assessment Panel would like to invite you to a friendly panel discussion to raise awareness around gender and sexual orientation.
Students and staff, and any other member of our community, are invited to attend this fully inclusive event which will take place on Monday 8 June at 4-5:30pm. Sign up for the event.
The online panel discussion will hear from a variety of panel members:
- Lucia Blayke, an activist for trans rights and founder of London Trans+ Pride, Harpies Strip Club and Sirens Consultancy
- Joshua Garfield, councillor LB of Newham and founder of LGBTQ+ youth
- Calu Lema, gender fierce activist who is passionate about decolonising identities, visibility, anti-oppression work, inclusive intimacy and creative pleasure
- Dr Luis Jimenez, senior lecturer at the University of East London who focuses on the intersection of gender work and identity in post-industrial global work contexts
- Amraj Dhillon, an LGBTQ+ activist, a gay cis-man who is who is passionate about raising awareness and celebrating LGBTQ+ people from all walks of life
If you would like to submit questions for the panel, please email these to Sonia Quintero, Institutional Equity Intern at the University of East London, by Thursday 4 June.