Depending on the programme of study, there may be extra costs which are not covered by tuition fees, which students will need to consider when planning their studies.
Tuition fees cover the cost of your teaching, assessment and operating University facilities such as the library, IT equipment and other support services. Accommodation and living costs are not included in our fees.
Our libraries are a valuable resource with an extensive collection of books and journals as well as first-class facilities and IT equipment. You may prefer to, or be required to, buy your own copy of key textbooks.
There are open-access networked computers available across the University, plus laptops available to loan. You may find it useful to have your own PC, laptop or tablet which you can use around campus and in halls of residences.
Free WiFi is available on each of our campuses.
In the majority of cases, coursework can be submitted online. There may be instances when you will be required to submit work in a printed format. Printing and photocopying costs are not included in your tuition fees.
Travel costs are not included but we do have a free intersite bus service which links the campuses and halls of residence.
For this course, you will be:
- involved in processes of making, as a means of exploration, experimentation, and understanding your practice, by using a diverse range of media and materials
- required to purchase your own copy of books, for required reading
- required to produce physical artefacts for assessment
- able to participate in optional study visits and/or field trips
However, over and above this you may incur extra costs associated with your studies, which you will need to plan for.
In order to help you budget, the information below indicates what activities and materials are not covered by your tuition fees:
- personal laptops and other personal devices
- personal copies of books
- optional study visits and field trips (and any associated visa costs)
- printing costs
- your own chosen materials and equipment
- costs of participating at external events, exhibitions, performances etc.
The costs vary every year and with every student, according to the intentions for the type of work they wish to make. Attainment at assessment is not dependent upon the costs of materials chosen.