The East London Skills and Employment Federation is a group of sixth form colleges, further education colleges, employers and local authorities, led and supported by the University of East London.
The federation's aim is to enable and support local people to access the social and economic benefits of graduate level employment opportunities being created in East London by economic regeneration and inward investment.
The federation will achieve this aim by:
- Working with schools and colleges, employers and local authorities
- Collaborating to understand and address issues and challenges relating to aspirations, confidence, attainment, progression and employment outcomes for local people, particularly those from disadvantaged and under-represented groups
- Developing pathways with employers through secondary, further and higher education to higher level skills and graduate level employment
The federation will launch in 2017/8, focusing initially on a selected group of colleges:
Further Education Colleges:
- Barking and Dagenham College
- Newham College of Further Education
- Hackney Community College, New City College
- Havering College of Further and Higher Education
- Redbridge College, New City College
- Tower Hamlets College, New City College
- Havering Sixth Form College
- Newham Sixth Form College (NewVic)
It is anticipated that the federation will expand following the initial launch to include a broader range of schools, colleges and employers from the following focus boroughs: Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Thurrock, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.