Exam results day can be an emotional and stressful time, so we’ve created this helpful guide to help you navigate college results day. Hopefully you’ll get the exam results you were expecting but if you miss out there are plenty of options for your future.
When do BTEC results come out?
UK BTEC results for 2020 will be published on Thursday 13 August 2020. Some BTEC results may be received in July meaning you have a few extra weeks to get on with your university application.
What time do BTEC results come out?
BTEC results will be available from 8am on Thursday 13 August 2020.
How will BTEC results be awarded in 2020?
BTEC results will be awarded based on the work you have done so far. Some students whose BTEC qualifications are tied to practical work may have to undergo an assessment to obtain full qualifications.
How do I get my BTEC results?
BTEC Students will be told by their respective school or college whether you need to go in to get your results, log in to an online portal or be emailed them directly. Check with your school or college ahead of time.
When do universities get BTEC results?
For those BTEC students that have applied to University, your institution will be able to view your results from mid-July.
When does UCAS Track update on BTEC results day?
Track updated at 8am on results day, which for 2020 is August 13th. If decisions have been made by your university choices, and UCAS have been notified, you can expect to see the following changes to offers on your Track:
- Unconditional - your place on the course has been confirmed. This may be your firm or insurance offer, or both.
- Unsuccessful - you've not been accepted by your choice(s). You're now eligible to enter Clearing.
- Unconditional Changed Course (UCC) - you don't have the necessary grades for your offer, but the university has proposed a similar course requiring lower grades. They may also offer an alternative start date, such as deferred entry. You have five days to decide and can discuss the opportunity with the university in question.
What to expect on BTEC results day
The more prepared you are ahead of results day the better. Do your research on universities and courses of interest so you have a back-up should your first choice fall through.
Your BTEC results day checklist
- Keep the day free
- Make sure you check what time your school or college opens
- Organise all your UCAS documents ahead of time
- List back-up courses you would be interested in studying
- Make sure your phone and laptop are fully charged
I didn’t get the BTEC results I hoped for – what should I do?
No need to panic – there are still plenty of options available to you through Clearing. Call your University of choice and see what they can offer you.