GetSet For Growth Procurement Toolbox: To Bid or Not To Bid?
To bid or not to bid, that is the question?
A bid is like a very tempting pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and I often hear my clients describe them as a “Must Win” opportunity. The tenders may well be in the “sweet spot” of your business plan but what turns that “Must Win” into a “Can Win” ? Bids take time, resource, insights and planning. It is important that you have your bid strategy in place before you invest time and money into bidding.This session is designed to give you a framework to use when looking to apply for tenders. It will take you through 3 stages of Positioning, Pursing and Proposing and help you decided if you should bid or not bid. And if you do proceed, how do you make it winning bid.
The session will include:
1. Getting ready for a bid
2. Key Stakeholders and Influencers
3. Customer Hot Buttons
4. Competitors Bid Matrix: Strengths/ Weaknesses and customers perceptions
5. To bid or not to bid?
6. What are your USPs?
7. What do we need to mitigate or ghost with regards to competitors bid
8. Creation of Theme Statements
9. Creation of 3-4 Key Hot Buttons for executive summary
10. What to do when the tender is released
13. Answer the question
Thursday, 13 October 2016 14:00 to Tuesday, 13 September 2016 16:30
Knowledge Dock Business & Innovation CentreSee map