Search for courses or information

Living off Campus

We recommend that you live on campus if you’re living away from home for the first time. But if you do choose to live off campus, our Residential Services team can help.

    UEL does not currently offer any accommodation for couples or families but there are a number of providers locally who do. We recommend that couples use our private accommodation portfolio as a starting point. Please contact for further information.

    Couples and family accommodation

    Homestay accommodation means staying with a local family in their home during your studies. It’s commonly used for short stays, though some overseas students choose this option to experience local life.

    Please note that UEL does not inspect Homestay providers and therefore we are unable to provide recommendations or endorsements. We do, however, have partnership with leading local Homestay agencies.


    Traditionally, most second-year undergraduates move into a student house with their fellow students. We strongly advise you to ensure you have viewed the accommodation before signing a contract. 

    There are a number of organisations that provide advice on signing contracts with landlords and our Residential Services team is available to help with any questions you may have.

    UEL has a list of local landlords, which is available by email at Please note that we have not inspected these properties and therefore we do not accept liability for their condition.

    Private accommodation

    London offers a wide range of purpose-built student accommodation provided by private companies such as Cass and Claredale, Liberty Living, Nido Student Living and Unite. Our Student Village provides a similar service to these companies.

    Private Halls

    We do not offer accommodation for courses that are shorter than a term. There is, however, a significant amount of short-term accommodation available for students in London.

    Short term accommodation