Key stage 3 and 4 taster days are an opportunity for students in Years 8 to 11 to experience a university campus and student life. Students will take part in a choice of activities such as a campus tour, subject specific sessions and interactive talks to ease any misconceptions about higher education.
Discuss your preference of sessions or subjects with the Lead Partnership Officer to meet the needs of your particular student group.
- The taster days help to develop their understanding of the transition to higher education and student life whilst breaking down potential barriers to university
- Students develop subject-specific knowledge
- Students perceptions of higher education are strengthened
- The taster days are an opportunity to hear from role models and students can ask questions in an informal environment.
- They meet Gatsby Benchmarks
Year 8 Student, Little Ilford School
“All my questions about my future were answered.”