Progression and Employability Sessions
Workshops for students which cover a wealth and breadth of employability and higher education topics.
Interactive workshops developing transferable skills and building knowledge needed to transition into year 13 and university supporting students to be career ready for jobs in the 4th industrial revolution.
Employability skills sessions:
- Interview techniques - top tips
- Presentation skills - ace that presentation!
- Resilience and positive mindset
- Team building
- Time management - getting revision timetables right!
Progression skills sessions:
- Budgeting at university
- How to ace an essay
- How to choose a course at university
- Plagiarism, and referencing
- Student finance and financial support
- Student life
- Personal statements – make your statement stand out!
- UCAS – how to work your way round it
- Why go into higher education
- Goal setting and pathway planning
- Your students gain a greater awareness and understanding of the value of higher education
- The workshops promote the idea that a university education is an exciting and achievable prospect for all
- They provide crucial building blocks for young people to transition into university
- They meet Gatsby Benchmarks
- Session duration – 45 - 60 minutes, delivered by our staff and curriculum ambassadors
- Location – currently online and can be delivered on a University of East London campus or at your school/college
- Suitable for – Years 12 (FE1)-13 (FE2). Schools must meet a minimum number of widening participation criteria.
- To find out more - please contact us