Demystifying Higher Education
Transition support for Year 12 students in the summer term to challenge their perceptions about higher education
Demystifying Higher Education is a transitional programme for Year 12s, to support their planning and preparation for their next steps into higher education and beyond. It’s a great opportunity to spend a morning or afternoon at one of the UEL campuses and experience university first-hand.
The activities include a resilience and positive mindset session, personal statements workshop and student ambassador meet and greet. There are also optional sessions such as subject taster sessions and campus tours available, all which result in a positive approach to moving into Year 13.
- Students get to question what they know about higher education and challenge their perceptions
- These visits provide an opportunity for students to gain a real insight into what it’s like to be a student at a campus-based university
- Students get to meet role models and gain an understanding of the support they can access in higher education
- Event timings – 10:00-13:00 or 13:00-16:00, in June and July 2020 *Dates will be posted January 2020*
- Location - delivered on a University of East London campus
- Suitable for – first year students at college / Year 12. Students must be accompanied by a teacher
- Priority is given to University of East London partner colleges
- To find out more - please contact us
Kris Butlerworth, New City College
“Students were totally engaged and participated.”