Be part of our journey to the top
We are making swift strides towards our aim of becoming London’s number one university for sport. The Foundation Year is designed to give you the essential skills you will need to make a success of completing the sports degree of your choice so you become the strong and independent learner that you need to be in order to succeed at undergraduate level.
Gain the crucial knowledge and experiences needed to succeed on one of our undergraduate degrees
Change onto another eligible course if you change your mind after one year
Experience a unique community feel developed by close working relationships between staff and students
Extensive range of student backgrounds to help in your personal growth and development
Our Foundation Year programmes are perfect for you if you...
- Need some extra education to meet the entry requirements for an undergraduate degree
- Are not sure if university life is the right path for you
- Are thinking of re-training and would like an introduction to the area
- Have been away from education for a long time, or have an incomplete education history
- Are an international student wanting a year to acclimatise to a new country and settle in.
How it works
- Choose one of our BSc Sports degrees that include a foundation year
- After you’ve completed your foundation year you can move to any eligible degree
- Complete your chosen BSc (Hons) degree, leading to many employment opportunities. You could even study on one of our postgraduate degrees
Having been out of education for a number of years I thought my chances of going to university was non-existent, then I discovered the Foundation course in Health, Sport and Bioscience which would allow me to go on and study at degree level. The Foundation course was a great entry into the subject I love and gave me the confidence boost I needed to get back into education.Charlotte King, Respiratory Physiologist
As well as our foundation year pathway, we also have a foundation degree run in partnership with West Ham United Foundation.
For those interested with working in the community with various sports-led initiatives, our two-year foundation degree might be the option for you.
After you have completed your two-year programme, you will have a recognised FdSc degree qualification. You can then undertake a further one year of study to achieve a BSc (Hons) degree in Sport, PE and Development or Sports Coaching and Performance.
Find out more about our foundation year courses via the links below.