BE SAFE. BE CONNECTED. BE KIND.
Our priority is to provide
a safe and welcoming inclusive environment. We are embracing and adapting to new ways of teaching,
learning, working and having fun. This ‘new normal’ requires all of us to take an active role in promoting the
safety, health and wellbeing of every community member.
It may be years before a vaccine for Covid-19 is widely available. It is imperative that everyone at UEL do their part to keep infection rates as low as possible. This will only happen if we follow government and University guidelines to the best of our ability.
We are therefore asking all staff, students and visitors to the University of East London to commit to the University of East London Covid-19 Community Pledge.
The pledge offers a set of simple steps we can all take to keep our community safer. While the pledge is voluntary, if you follow these guidelines, you will protect the health of yourself and others and, ultimately, you will help save lives.
University of East London Covid-19 Community Pledge
As a member of the UEL community, I am committed to
keeping myself and our community healthy and safe from the spread of Covid-19.
I pledge to take the following top ten actions:
- Stay home if I think I have symptoms of Covid-19, or if I have
tested positive for the virus. I will follow government guidance on
- Complete UEL’s Daily 123. This means I will:
- TEST - Before coming onto campus each day complete UEL's online health status update to determine whether or not you may attend campus that day. Access the questionnaire for students or staff.
- DISTANCE - Check-in when you arrive and leave campus using the free Safezone app. Download from any app store and sign in with your University credentials. This app helps keep you safe while on any of our campuses and allows you to be sent quick and reliable safety notifications, such as Covid-19 updates, wherever you are. Find out more, including data use.
- TRACK - Download and use the NHS coronavirus contact-tracing. Find out more, including data use and privacy.
The Daily 1,2,3 is part of our Covid-19 Community Pledge. The Pledge offers a set of simple steps we can all take to keep ourselves and our community healthy and safe from the spread of Covid-19.
- Wear a face covering on campus, unless I have a health or
- Practice physical distancing of two metres, where possible, and
avoid social gathering and parties of more than six people.
- Engage with all Campus capacity notifications and University health communications.
- Follow directional signage, including one-way systems.
- Practice good hygiene, including regular handwashing and use of
- Support & encourage other members of the University community
to follow this pledge.
- Behave with kindness and respect towards others.
- Stay up-to-date on NHS and government guidance, and check my University emails for regular Covid-secure updates and guidance.
You can find out more about everything we're doing to keep you safe in our Covid-Secure Campus Guidelines.