Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT)
What we do
- Provide new and experienced staff with innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Lead and develop the use of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) activities across all Schools.
- Lead and contribute to research on teaching and learning.
- Deliver research-informed approaches to staff development and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Enable staff to deliver outstanding teaching that supports a diverse student body achieve their goals.
- Lead and promote the recognition of excellence in teaching and the support of learning through a AdvanceHE-accredited continuous professional development framework
- Create a space to share expertise in learning and teaching excellence across UEL.
- Recognise individuals and/or teams who show significant contribution to good academic practice.
CELT aims to nurture high quality teaching across UEL.
We offer all staff a range of support services; from resources and examples of good practice to practical How-to guides. We also run staff development workshops on a variety of topics - there are regularly scheduled sessions as well as on-demand sessions that can be booked for teams to attend. To find out more visit the CELT staff development portal (Moodle).