The Academic Registry is a service of dedicated staff formed to take on all the administrative functions of admissions to final award.
The Academic Registry supports The Hub providing second line support, both physically and via alternative means of communication as directed, e.g. email/phone. The benefits of providing support at The Hub is both positive for support staff and for students who would not be expected to negotiate the existing processes.
Who we are and what we do
Who we are
The Academic Registry is the owner of the student record - all the information collected on students from the day they arrive at UEL to the day they leave (and beyond, in the case of alumni). We aim to create and maintain a high-quality, accurate set of information on each student that can be used to manage their progression and retention throughout their studies. We also help ensure that the University meets its statutory obligations in areas such as required reporting. Our teams interact with both students and staff.
What we do
The services we provide are split across a number of distinct areas.
- The Schools' Support team provides a dedicated school manager and administrators for each of the University’s schools.
- The Assessment unit manages all of the administrative parts of the assessment process.
- Information about exams and exam timetables can be found on the intranet.
- The Timetabling team administers all timetabling requests.
- The Compliance team manages all compliance issues (internal and external, home and international) by working closely and in coordination with other University areas, notably Admissions and Assessment. Read more about the compliance team.
- The Student Record team manages the admissions process, creation and maintenance of the student record and the creation and maintenance of course records.
Academic Registry supports you throughout your studies by ensuring that your student record reflects your studies and achievements at UEL. If you need advice, information or support please get in touch - call on +44 (0) 208 223 4444 or login to My Portal, ensuring you have your login details (email and
You can also pop in for information or advice - we have student support Hubs at both our Docklands and Stratford campuses. During term time, these are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 7.00pm and 9.00am to 5.00pm on Saturdays. If it is outside term time, we are available Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
If you are a prospective student who needs information, advice or support with choosing a course, making or tracking an application to UEL or simply want to understand how a degree can support your life goals then get in touch with our Applicant Enquiries Team. They are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm on +44 (0) 208 223 3333 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Look out for our Open Days as well - these are a great way to meet academic staff and find out how we can support you throughout your studies.