Dr Trishna Patel
Department of Professional Psychology , School of Psychology
In her Deputy Research Director role, Trishna co-leads the research strand of the Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. The research curriculum aims to give priority to the ways in which knowledge is generated and justified by providing a good grounding in philosophy of science, moral and ethical reasoning and approaches to evaluation.
- Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsych)
Areas Of Interest
- Transdiagnostic and transtheoretical approaches to conceptualising and reducing psychological distress
- Perceptual Control Theory and Method of Levels Therapy
- Mechanisms of change during therapy
- Epistemology, methodology and ethics in research and practice
- Patient care, the patient's way: An evaluation of Method of Levels therapy in secondary care. (ISRCTN registry: 14514953)
- Transdiagnostic approaches in practice: Evaluating the clinical utility of the Cognitive Behavioural Processes Questionnaire (CBP-Q) in NHS services.
Submitted for REF 2014; 2021: UoA 4 Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience.