Dr Sonja Falck
Department of Professional Psychology , School of Psychology
Sonja is a UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist and Supervisor and BACP Senior Accredited. She joined UEL in April 2016, where she teaches on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and provides clinical and research supervision to trainee counsellors. In her role as Clinical Director for the BSc Counselling programme she oversees the clinical requirements of the training and liaises between the university and organisations who provide placements for trainees.
Areas Of Interest
- Attachment Theory
- Relational Psychoanalysis
- Systemic-psychodynamic coaching and organisational consultancy
- Improving personal and workplace relationships
- The interpersonal relating of gifted/high IQ/high ability adults, developmentally and in personal and work relationships.
- Extreme Intelligence - Development, Predicaments, Implications: Falck, S. Routledge.
- 'Fake it 'til you make it: Can deliberately adopting secure attachment behaviour lead to secure attachment organisation?' in Shemmings, D. and Shemmings, Y. (Eds). Disorganized Attachment Behaviour in Children - An Evidence-Based Model for Understanding and Supporting Families: Falck, S. and Shemmings, D.. 2014. Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Chapter 17, pp.212-223.
- 'Making the most of your mind'. In Mensa Magazine: Falck, S.. 2016. York.