Mr Mike Hurst
Historic buildings conservation, environmental and energy issues
Department of Engineering & Construction , School of Architecture Computing and Engineering (ACE)
Mike Hurst is a chartered construction manager and member of the Chartered Institute of Builders (MCIOB) and Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA). At UEL, he is a senior lecturer in civil engineering, and the programme leader for both the FdSc Civil Engineering & Construction Management and the BSc (Hons) Construction Management. Mark is also a technical author for Pearson publications and has written a number of construction-related text books and study guides.
- MCIOB, FHEA
Areas Of Interest
With my interest in historic buildings and their conservation, I am interested in environmental and energy issues of upgrading our current building stock.
- EG4104 Surveying & Construction Methods
- EG4112 Introduction to the Built Environment
- EG4113 Construction Technology & Materials
- EG5111 Advanced Technology, Planning & Production
- EG5126/8 Work Placement / Work Based Research Project
- EG6117 Built Asset Management & Development