Dr Kara-Aretha Graham
Department of Bioscience and Sport , School of Health, Sport and Bioscience
Dr Graham joined the University of East London in 2020 as a lecturer in Sport, from Texas Tech University where she was a Postdoctoral research fellow.
- CPSychol - British Psychological Society - Chartered Psychologist
- PhD Texas Tech University
- MSc – Missouri State University
- BA - University of Iowa
Areas Of Interest
- Minority experience in higher education
- Applied Sport Psychology
- The NCAA student athlete experience and the impact it can have on their emotional and mental health.
- Women's experience in sport (phenomenology)
- Mental/emotional health and the impact on athletes
- Phenomenology and sport - understanding the lived experience of athletes
- Narrative and sport psychology - utilising narrative methodologies to improve sport performance
- Narrative Inquiry - using the methodology to explore the experiences of athletes