Professor Julia Davidson
Director of the Institute for Connected Communities (incorporating the Online Harms and Cybercrime Unit)
Department of Law & Criminology , School of Psychology
Professor of Criminology and Director of the Institute for Connected Communities. She is one of the UK's foremost experts on policy and practice in the area of CSA and CSE and online harms . She is Chair of the UK Council for Internet Safety Evidence Group and provides expert advice to international and national organisations such as the Technology Coalition, UNICEF , the US Sentencing Commission, and the UN ITU, the Home Office, DCMS, she is a member of the Europol EC3 Expert Academic Advisory Group and is the Chair of the Research Ethics Committee to the Independent Inquiry into Institutional Child Sexual Abuse, having acted as an Academic Advisor to the Inquiry since it began in 2017 .
- PhD:Social Policy (2002) London School of Economics and Political Science
- MSc:Criminal justice policy (1988) London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA (Hons):Sociology and Professional Studies 2:1 (1987) East London University(NELPS)
Areas Of Interest
- Online harms
- Online safety
- Serious offending
- Chair of the UK Council for Internet Safety Evidence Group
- Chair of the Independent Inquiry into Institutional Child Sexual Abuse Research Ethics Committee
- Academic Advisor to the Europol Cybercrime Centre (EC3)
- Advisor (research) to the Technology Coalition.