Why study Undergraduate Bioscience at UEL?
- 100% student satisfaction - There's no need for us to blow our own trumpets as our bioscience students consistently do that for us, with 100% overall satisfaction reported by our Pharmaceutical Science students (NSS 2015)
- Brand new teaching labs - Last year we won a £1.2 million grant from the Higher Education Funding Council for England for a new teaching lab at our Stratford campus. New students will benefit from state of the art facilities like this as we're committed to providing an excellent learning and teaching experience.
- IBMS Accredited - Our Biomedical Science course is extremely popular because it’s fully accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) - the professional body for biomedical scientists in the UK. This recognition is crucial for your future career opportunities.
- Placement opportunities - You can get the chance to take advantage of exciting work placements during your study which will equip you with the professional experience employers seek, setting you up for your scientific career after you graduate
- Expert teaching staff - You'll learn from innovative teachers, such as Pharmacology lecturers Dr Ayoub and Professor Seed who have been awarded a prestigious prize for their excellence in teaching from the British Pharmacological Society (BPS).
- Strong industry Links - We have strong links with various societies throughout bioscience, like The Physiological Society- a professional body that offers student membership and opportunities for you to present your research work and attend courses and conferences to enhance your skills.