How we can help
Are you thinking of coming to University, but are unsure of which programme to study or the entry requirements?
Our pre-entry Advice and Guidance team are here to help and support you through this process. Our qualified and friendly advisers are available to see you at University Square Stratford or at Barking Learning Centre.
To make a booking to see an advisor, please call us on 0208 223 4354.
Getting back into education
- UEL's New Beginnings - A part time short course that, once completed, allows you to progress on to many of our UEL undergraduate programmes. Designed for mature and non-traditional learners to study at university, and for people who have been out of education for some time.
- Starting Out - A free, short course offered by UEL and Birkbeck, University of London. The course is aimed at adults and develops the knowledge and skills to enable you to return to education with confidence, including mini lectures and study skills, how to fund your study, and how to apply to university.
- UEL's Introduction to Law and Criminology - The aim of this short course is to introduce you to the study of law and criminology. It will provide you with basic skills with which to proceed to either the LLB (Law degree) or the BA Criminology and Criminal Justice. Successful completion of the stand-alone course will result in a certificate from UEL.
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma - A qualification that prepares students for study at degree level. Over 1,100 courses are available in a range of subjects. Generally taught at further education colleges, these can be seen on the Access to Higher Education website.
- UEL's Foundation Degrees - A four year degree option. Foundation students join the Level 0 programme for the first year of study towards a Bachelor's degree. UEL is proud to be one of a limited number of institutions that offer this route into Higher Education. Browse our range of foundation degrees for details.