The Compliance teams (International and Institutional) manage all compliance issues (internal and external, home and international) by working closely and in coordination with other University areas and relevant external agencies.
Student Immigration and Compliance is divided into two teams – International Student Advice and International Compliance.
The International Student Advice (ISA) team provides staff, applicants, students and recent graduates with high quality, specialist immigration advice relating to their admissions, enrolment and studies at UEL.
- The International Compliance team is responsible for ensuring compliance with the University’s Tier 4 sponsor licence requirements with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). The team provides advice to staff, applicants and students on visa compliance related issues.
Institutional Compliance is divided into three teams – Academic Misconduct, Appeals and Complaints and Disclosure and Barring Service checks.
- TheAcademic Misconduct team provides high quality, specialist advice and guidance to students and staff on UEL’s Academic misconduct processes. The team works with schools, meets with students and, when necessary, arranges Academic Misconduct panels.
- The Appeals team provides advice and guidance to students and staff on UEL’s complaints and appeals procedures. If required, the team works with the Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA) to resolve complaints that have been taken to them.
- The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks team records, processes and provides advice to applicants and students relating to DBS checks, ensuring that UEL meets legal compliance responsibilities in line with government legislation.
- Students who will be under 18 on entry