Jump to site navigation menus


Go to UEL Home Page


Insurance Services

Travel Insurance and Information


High speed train
"ICE Train" by binaryCoco on Flickr.


The University’s Personal Accident & Travel Insurance covers all staff and students travelling on pre-approved University business.

In order to be covered by UEL's insurance, all staff, students, volunteers & external examiners travelling on UEL business must complete a 'Request for Approval to Travel' form before confirming any travel arrangements.This form must be signed by the Dean of your School or Director of your Service and the budget holder and must include a completed Risk Assessment for the country or countries you are visiting. This can be done by visiting the www.mylifeline.co.uk  (click on ‘sign in’ & then ‘register here’ using policy #: 0015865161. Search ‘Country Reports’) and reading the country- or city-specific advice available for your destination(s). You can also use the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's travel advice pages.

Once the form has been signed, it should be sent to UEL Travel for final approval by the Vice Chancellor’s Group. A copy of the form will then be retained by UEL Travel for insurance purposes.

You can read further guidance for completing the form and specific advice regarding the financial implications of travelling abroad on the Financial Services website.

Please also read through the links on the left for useful tips before you travel, information about the University's Insurance cover, and what to do in an emergency.


Please note: When opening the forms, you will need to ‘enable this content’ as it will not allow you to fill out the form until you do this. A warning box will appear at the top of the document: ‘Security warning some active content has been disabled’. You need to click on the options box and select ‘enable this content’ and OK. You will then be able to complete the form electronically.


Insurance Officer
Email: c.norman@uel.ac.uk
Tel: 020 8223 6606

For queries about approval for travel or how to fill in the relevant forms:
UEL Travel
Email: Travel@uel.ac.uk
Tel: 020 8223 2288



© 2012


Public & Employer's Liability Insurance Certificate
FAQs about Travel Insurance
Travel Emergency Information
Emergency Assistance Card
Travel Insurance Claims



Search UEL

Can't find what you're looking for on this page?
Click here to start a search


Navigation menus:


Policy and Cover
Making a claim
Travel Tips
Useful links




For a general description of these pages and an explanation of how they should work with screenreading equipment please follow this link:Link to general description

For further information on this web site’s accessibility features please follow this link:Link to accessibility information



The following message does not apply to screenreader users:


You will still be able to access all the essential content of this web site, but it will not look, or function, exactly as intended.

For further information follow this link. |

link to internal pages